Monday 7 July 2008

Tick tock

Today’s blog prompt: We’ll start easy. Post a picture you take from your clock adventure as you look for all the time pieces in your house. Tell your blog readers about this project and you hope to make time for it.

Well,  how good a pupil am I? Two lovely pictures of clocks! But there is catch - the time has not been right to take these pictures today, so I've used some photos I took previously! I got home late and it's been raining and thundering and lightning for ages, so it is too dark for me to take photos!
Time is something I am fairly short of for the next two and a half weeks. I teach a Year 6 class, so we have lots of lovely leaving celebrations planned. We have a Red Carpet themed party and a final leavers service in church. The children are writing entries for their Year book, commemorating their time in year Six. All of these involve input from me, but with swimming galas, open days, various visitors to school and sports day we are rapidly running out of time! At the time when I should be enjoying the children's final weeks I begin to feel stressed and in a constant rush. 
So, how am I going to find time for this project? I'm not sure - I'm probably going to be playing catch up for a while at the weekends, but I really want to do this and I am not going to be beaten by lack of time!
This clock came from Argos years ago. I love it because it is so unusual! It's got angels at the bottom which revolve to show it is working. This clock was a gift from a pupil, and although not really my thing, I've come to love it as the colours go perfectly with my bedroom.
No more time to chat, I'm putting together a DVD of the children's time in Year 6!

9 comments:

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Oooh a new bloggy! Hope you manage to get some time to yourself at the weekend.

{Lara} said...

such unusual clocks.

Unknown said...

Fab clock pictures hun X

Rhona said...

Those are fun clocks. My daughter is in Yr 6 but there don't seem to be many fun things planned for them :o( Hope you get a chance to keep up with this class.

valerie said...

great pics love the angels on the first clock never would have guessed it was form argos

Val

Inspiration Alley said...

I love both of your clocks. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the rest of the prompts.

Chiara said...

oh wow. what totally wonderful clocks.

misteejay said...

I love your angel clock - so unusual.

Toni :o)

Anita said...

Wow such lovely clocks , they are both gorgeous . Good luck with your end of term stuff !