Wednesday 23 July 2008

Stay as young as you are!

Today’s blog prompt: If there was just one thing from your youth that you could pass on to today’s younger generation what would it be? Something as simple as the original Sesame Street theme song or something more complex, like growing up more slowly?

The prompt has really said it for me. When I look back at my time at the end of Primary School I was still a child. My advice to the children who left my class today would be to enjoy being children. Play silly games, have fun with friends, laugh, cry, don't worry about eating chocolate and sweets. love your parents and have a great time! The teacher in me also tells then to work hard and do their best, as their lives will depend on what they do in the next 5 or so years. Oh and be nice! As I was told as a child - if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so agree on "if you haven't anything nice to say...". It seems that one is forgotten by some! And nowadays it should be "if you haven't anything nice to type..." lol.

Rhona said...

I'm with you on this one (as you'll see on my blog lol!!). Hope you've got some me time planned for the holidays. I'm looking forward to not getting up at 6am!!