Wednesday 16 July 2008

Accomplished!!

Today's blog prompt: Choose one point on each line to share with your blog readers - one thing you have accomplished and one thing you hope to accomplish. Bonus points if you have a photo from the event on the first line!

Today's class has involved creating time lines showing the things I have accomplished and the things we hope to accomplish. 
I've been very fortunate in my life that I have accomplished quite a lot. This has mainly been career based - but as my teaching career has been a vocation rather than a job, my teaching is a big part of me. I suppose one of the highest points was when I received a special award from the Mayor for my teaching and all the associated things such as the school website, ICT co-ordination and going 'the extra mile'. It was a very special day as my Mum and Dad came up especially, and we enjoyed the pomp of Kingston Guildhall, an prestigious award and a slap up lunch!!
Having raved on so much about my love of teaching, it may come as a surprise that something I would like to accomplish is my retirement. I would love to have more time and energy to enjoy life!! This end of the term is busy, busy, busy, but then so are many other times of the year and I'm beginning to get to the point where I'm often too tired to enjoy my social life. For example after the meeting tonight I've come home to sit and my friend has gone off to the pictures!! 
There again if you asked me at the beginning of term you might get a different answer!!

1 comment:

Rhona said...

Well done on getting your blog updated. I've just got back from Weight Watchers and now need to sit down and do mine.