Wednesday 30 July 2008

Rocking all over the world!

Today’s blog prompt: Who was your personal favourite teeny-bopper pin-up? Share a story about that dreamboat or another happy teenage memory with your readers.I was a big Status Quo fan in my youth! Francis Rossi was my favourite. I went to see them at Southampton's Gaumont when I was about 16. My friend had booked tickets separately to me. Her bulk booking for several people got her seats in Row U. My single ticket got me into Row C! I had a great time bopping in the aisles and I couldn't hear properly the next day!! Brilliant!! And yes, I had denim jeans and a denim waistcoat!! 

6 comments:

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Great story! Sounds liek a good gig.

Jane said...

My kids all groan when my husband puts his Status Quo cd's on!

Rhona said...

Living in South Africa growing up I don't actually remember hearing Status Quo. I've obviously heard them since then but can't say they'd be top of my list.

Kathy said...

i saw them in concert once the drummer was great, a real fun concert!

b. said...

those look like some really rockin' dudes! =) enjoyed your post.

Anonymous said...

I never heard of them here in US but it sounds like fun! I will have to check them out! Thanks!