Monday 28 July 2008

Crafty heroes!

Today’s blog prompt: Tell your blog readers about someone who has been a creative influence in your life -- a crafty mum, aunt or grandparent, an influential school teacher or a friend who brought out your creative side, perhaps.

Thinking back there have been so many crafty people in my life.

  • Mum, who knitted and sewed and went to pottery classes. She now does cross stitch and makes cards using her computer. She also created fab food when I was young!
  • Dad, who made things in his shed - dolls houses and toy farms, model steam engines, a tall ship model - all sorts of things. He also went to painting classes at night school.
  • My nan, who knitted us jumpers when we were little. I remember that they were generally itchy!
  • A great aunt who gave me a tatting bobbin and book. I like trying new crafts.
  • My best friend at school who was great at art.
  • The Guiding training sessions I went to and learned about things to make with Brownies and Rainbows. I then became a trainer and used loads of books to get ideas.
  • Simone, who ran the stained glass class I went to. She was so enthusiastic about her craft.
  • My friend Charlol, who makes fab cards.
My crafty blog buddies and everyone on UKS.

All of these, and man more I'm sure, have influenced my crafting and I thank them all for steering me towards a fab time of crafting!

2 comments:

Rhona said...

Great post! I love that we have so many talented people to inspire us. My post will be similar with lots of people who influenced me but I'll have to do it later this evening ;o)

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Looks like you've had lots of creative influence. It's interesting reading some of the posts that our mums tend to figure first