Tuesday 15 July 2008

Blog-spiration!

Today’s blog prompt: Share a list of links with your blog readers, leading them to the websites that inspire you most.

Ooohhh this is a hard prompt today! I spend a lot of time on the internet - chatting with friends, looking up stuff like train times and what the weather will be like, shopping, selling on e-bay, learning, banking, blogging, forum-ing etc.
Most of the websites I visit are for normal everyday run of the mill stuff and probably are less inspiration than aspiration.
However, a few months ago I joined UKS and my crafting took off. I met new friends, learned new techniques, challenged myself and generally found out lots more about scrapbooking. I also discovered blogging! This has now become a passion - if not an obsession. I love sharing my pages, thoughts and ideas and have discovered that people like to visit my humble pages and also take the time to leave lovely comments.
I also enjoy blog hopping (or blopping!) and visiting the many and varied craft blogs which are created by 'ordinary' people (no offence, I just mean that they live normal lives with friends and families, they work, they shop, they sometimes have crisises in their lives - they are just like me!) who happen to be extraordinary crafters. Looking at their work makes me want to craft more and in different ways. I have learned new things and have built up blogging friendships. They are a community of friendly people who are always willing to lend a hand. I once mentioned book rings on my blog and received a message from someone who offered to send me some! (You know who you are!!)
I don't want to embarrass anyone be naming names, or upset anyone who I might leave out, so I invite you to hop across to my other blog 'dddeeebbbzzz does' and take a look at my blog roll. This is a list of crafty people whose blogs I visit as soon as they are updated and from whom I derive inspiration in it's many and varied forms.

1 comment:

Rhona said...

I see our posts are along similar lines today. I have to admit I joined UKScrappers a while ago but have never found my way around properly or got involved. I shall have to go back and take another look. I shall be popping over to your other blog to take a look at some of the sites you visit.