Tuesday 8 July 2008

In search of Doctor Who!

Today’s blog prompt: If you could travel in time for just one day, where would you go and what would you do? You can always search in Flickr to find a picture to help illustrate your post. Flickr members encourage this with the ‘Blog this!’ link you’ll see above some photos.I love Science Fiction TV programmes and films. Star Wars, Star Trek (all of them!), Babylon 5, Andromeda, Quantum Leap - I've seen them all! Of course my favourite is Doctor Who - what will I do on Saturday nights now?
I love the idea of being able to travel in space and time. If I had to go back in time I'd like to visit Ancient civilisations - Greece, Rome, Egypt - how were the pyramids and fabulous temples built? I'd like to have a quick visit to Tudor Times to see what was so appealing about Henry VIII. Queen Victoria reigned at a time of so many great inventions - how fascinating to see the birth of so many things we take foregranted. But I know a bit about these already, I can look in books or on the Internet and find out about them. I know it's not the same but I have an idea what life was like.
My preference would be to travel into the future. How have our lives today influenced the world of the future. Are we really going to be able to teleport and have to eat pills instead of food? Will there be robots to cater for our every whim? Will the big questions of famine and poverty have answers in the future? Will anyone have any idea who I was? Has my life made any difference to the future? Unfortunately these are things I will never know, unless of course Doctor Who and his Tardis appear in my back garden - well he does need a new companion now!

7 comments:

valerie said...

sounds really cool fab entry

Charlol said...

Two blogs to hop now!!!! Mad woman. If he turns up in any garden you will have to fight just about every woman to be his companion lol! I would prefer investigating history I think I would go medieval to tudor a visiting.

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Well that's a lot of questions you want answering!

Rachel said...

great entry x

Rhona said...

Wow, you would so get on with Emily! She loves Dr Who and doesn't know what she'll do on Saturday nights now. On reading the prompt she decided she'd like to go back to Ancient Rome and see a play in the amphitheatre. Great entry

Anita said...

Its great reading your post today, heres hoping the tardis stops off... !

SABEE said...

I love your post. I would love to go back to Ancient times and medival too... it is just so facinating hey !!!