Tuesday 29 July 2008

It's murder!

Today’s blog prompt: What’s your favourite reading material? Like the kind of favourite that you would take it to read if you had to cut off the rest of the world for years and years?

Oh, this is an easy one! I love murder mysteries. I have every Agatha Christie novel - I can never decide whether I'm a Poirot or Miss Marple girl. I read Ellis Peter's Cadfael books long before they came out on TV. Elizabeth George, Lindsey Davis, Candace Robb, Michael Jecks, Paul Doherty, Elizabeth Peters - I love them all. I don't mind where or when the stories are set. I like a detective who uses their brain and doesn't resort to to much
violence! I always get it wrong and can never work out 'whodunnit'! I just find it amazing how everything fits together in the end. I really admire the way the author's mind works to pull it all together and even the tiniest clue has relevance. If I was cut off from the world I'd have time to re-read them to dissect the evidence!

3 comments:

. said...

I never really got into murder mysterious in the classic sense, but my DH loves them. I prefer mine with some forensic anthropology thrown in for good measure ;)

xMx

Rhona said...

Well, here's something we differ in, lol!! I'm afraid I'm a feel good chic lit girl with the odd Colin Forbes thrown in.

Anonymous said...

Haven't gotten into too many murder mysteries but do love a thrilling read!