Wednesday 9 July 2008

I went on holiday and I took....

I went on holiday and took my big black suitcase. In it I took 3 pairs of trousers (easy choice - I don't do skirts), three t-shirts (in case it is warm), three vest tops (in case it is very warm), three sweatshirts (in case it gets cool in the evenings), three hooded tops (in case of an unseasonal snowy spell), a raincoat (in case of rain obviously), a light weight coat (in case it gets a bit cool), a thick winter coat (that snow might be around still), flip flops (in case it's hot), crocs (in case I need something comfy), trainers (they go everywhere with me), walking boots (in case the urge strikes), wellie boots (in case of torrential rain), underwear (enough for every day and then some spares), two more t-shirts (in case the others get dirty), socks (different thicknesses to cope with sudden changes in temperature), sun hat (well, you never know!), sun glasses (got to look cool!), hair dryer & straighteners (need to look good in any photos)...... you can see where I'm going with this - well probably nowhere as my case is too heavy to lift!!!
As you can see, I pack for every eventuality and usually end up with half of it staying in the bottom of the case for the whole holiday.
I have now bought a small holdall and I am determined that next time I go away I am going to be an economical packer and leave all the extras at home! All I need are tickets and my passport and I'm off!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the idea of taking a picture of your case!

Inspiration Alley said...

Sounds very familiar, we definitely over pack. Wouldn't even consider packing a small holdall because I know we'd just buy the missing items whilst we were away and a large case to put hem in.

Unknown said...

Good luck on packing less things - I can't do that - I tend to take far too much.

Charlol said...

I recognise that small holdall and I don't believe you when you say you can get your stuff in there! Remember I've seen you pack for a weekend. Mind you isn't it one of those kipling bags which hide everything into a small space! That's how you are going to do it!!!!lol

Rhona said...

Too funny - I'd be interested to know how you get with your economical packing next time ;o)

Shazzer said...

Hi
Your packing list made me laugh, thanks.

Shazzer said...

Hi
Boy did you list make me chuckle, good luck with the lighter packing.